Thursday 13 August 2015

Why I Love: Louise Pentland



I'm sure you've all heard of Louise. Louise Pentland? Her Youtube channel, a Sprinkle of Glitter? She has a growing audience of well over 2 million subscribers? And a highly successful blog too? Okay, if you still don't know who I'm talking about, I genuinely feel like you're missing out, and you need Louise in your life.

Louise is truly a wonderful person. She goes around sprinkling happiness (excuse the pun) wherever she goes, and her videos never fail to make me smile. After watching a video or reading a blog post, I always go away having gained something. Whether it be, more confidence or simply being thankful that there are people like Louise and her daughter Darcy in this world who are so beautifully kind and loving.

She has a great passion that people deserve to and should feel confident with themselves and enjoy life more, and this passion has had an effect on me; gradually, I'm gaining more confidence and have started to appreciate and be thankful for the people who want me in their lives, instead of worrying about those who don't. I love this quote by Louise: "You are not defined by other people's opinions." It really gets to me. Before, I always worried whether other people liked my outfit, or if it mattered that I rarely wore make-up. Then Louise made me realise that I should NOT be worrying. It's such a stupid waste of time to be make yourself unhappy because you're trying to please other people. The truth is, you can't please everyone, and the people who really are worth having in your life will be pleased with you however you are. Don't change yourself for anyone.

So a few months ago, Louise got behind and supported the "Use Your And" campaign to encourage us to celebrate all of our qualities and ignore labels that may be forced upon us. Even though this was quite a while ago, I don't feel like it's any less important so, I'm going to use my 'and': "I'm a baking lover and a football fan. I'm aspiring to be a business woman and I'm Harry Potter obsessed." There is nothing or nobody saying that we can't be as many things as we want to be, and the "Use Your And" has helped me to realise that. Now I'm acknowledging my various qualities, and everybody should be too.


Now on to the topic of her recently published book Life With a Sprinkle of Glitter!!!!! This was released on the 2nd of July, which was the day before my birthday so I asked for it as a present and I was so thankful to get it!!!! Obviously I started reading it straight away. And let me tell you, it is one of the most encouraging books I have ever read. The book covers a real variety of topics, for example, there are some brilliant little anecdotes that I loved reading (especially the dating ones!) and there's a great chapter on "Crafts" which includes instructions to make some bunting, and I'm currently in the process of making my own! There are also some really practical chapters such as "Online Safety", "Bullying", "Body Confidence" and "Comfort Zones".

I feel that "Comfort Zones" is a chapter that I can read whenever I'm a bit daunted about a new experience. I know Louise sometimes feels like this, but knowing that she does and how she deals with it has helped me to cope with this feeling myself: I'm going to be starting at Sixth Form in September and a few months ago, I would've expected to be absolutely terrified by this point, but thinking about it now, I'm actually quite excited. Yes, I am quite sad that I'm not going to be spending as much time with my current friends (of my 4 best friends, one is the year below me, one is going to a different school, two are going to the same school as me, but I'm only taking one mutual subject as one of those two) so it's going to be very weird, but then I think about the positive things that I'll gain from the new experiences! I'm such good friends with these 4 (I've been best friends with 2 of them since I was 6 weeks old, and best friends with the other 2 as soon as we met in year 7) so realistically I know we're going to stay good friends, but also I can meet so many other people which is really exciting! Thanks to Louise I have managed to convert my thinking to stop worrying about the bad things, and be grateful for the good things, and I would like to thank her from the bottom of my heart for that.

When I started drafting this post, I was originally planning it to be a book review of Life With a Sprinkle of Glitter, but then I realised that there is so much more to celebrate about Louise than just her abilities as an author! Therefore I decided that I wanted to write about Louise as a person and express my heartfelt thanks and appreciation. She is such an inspirational human being. I genuinely believe that. She is a role model. She is my role model for definite.


Love as always, Georgia xxx



P.S. I understand that this post was very long, but I hoped you enjoyed it anyway! I was considering about making this part of a new series for my blog, under the title "Why I love..." and then writing about why I love a certain topic, person or thing. If this idea appeals to you (don't worry they don't all have to be as long as this one!) could you please let me know - I don't want to be writing posts that nobody has any interest in! I really value your opinions! If you want, you can follow my bloglovin account here to get updates on your feed when I post something new!!! Anyhow, thank you as always for reading, I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment