Monday 17 August 2015

The Leibster Award

Hello everyone! I hope you're all feeling great! Recently, there have been lots of these 'award' posts circling on my bloglovin feed and it's so encouraging! There isn't actually a physical award, but I suppose that the metaphorical award that you do get is in a way much more rewarding. Bloggers nominate a specified number (each award is slightly different) of other blogs that they love and then those nominees do the same. Today I got a notification saying that the wonderful Elle from 'Elle and her Beauty Blog' and Charlotte from Charlotte's Corner had nominated me for this award, and I was so grateful! I know I've said it before, but this blogging community is so supportive, and I'm really honored to be part of it!

Here are the rules of The Leibster Award:
  • Once nominated, make a post thanking and linking your nominator's blog,
  • Include The Leibster Award's sticker in the post as well (you can copy it from above),
  • Nominate 10 other new bloggers that have 200 or less followers who you think are worthy of this award and include their links in your post. Also, make sure that you let them know they've been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can nominate the person who nominated you,
  • Answer the 10 questions asked to you by your nominator (these questions should be on their post). And make 10 questions of your own for your nominees to answer,
  • Finally, copy these rules in your post.


As the rules specify, Elle asked me and her other nominees 10 questions, which I'll answer now,

  1. Why did you want to start a blog? - I really enjoy watching youtubers and I guess I just really admired them for having the confidence to make videos! I thought it would be an amazing project for me to have fun with, but the thing is, I didn't have enough confidence to have videos of myself availiable for anyone on the internet. A blog seemed like just as good an idea! I feel like you can really express yourself and what you love through writing so I wanted to give it a go, and see if anyone read it! And I'm so grateful that they have!! I never for one minute expected to have this many people reading and commenting on my posts, so I'm so thankful! 
  2. What is your favourite aspect of blogging? - I've had the opportunity to speak to so many people from all around the world just by starting blogging! It's weird because although I'm just writing on the internet, I really feel like I'm part of a community! Everyone is so friendly and supportive and I think that's my favourite part.
  3. Do you prefer shopping for makeup or shopping for clothes? - Clothes. Definitely clothes. Without a shadow of a doubt. I like makeup but if I'm honest I usually can't be bothered with it! I love the fact that there are so many possible outfit combinations, so I just can't help myself but go shopping for new clothes!
  4. In your opinion, what's the best way to spend a lazy day? - Although I don't do it enough, I would say read a book. I have too many lazy days and I'm usually just on the internet, but reading a book is so creative and it provides a bit of variation to social media! I really need to read more often! 
  5. Do you have a favourite TV show? If so, what is it? - I don't watch any of the series like Pretty Little Liars (although I want to!) because believe it or not, I don't have Netflix! I know, whaaat?!? So all the programmes I watch are just average TV shows. I've been watching "Eastenders" for years now, and it's still as gripping as ever! Also, I recently discovered the show "Humans" and oh my goodness it's amazing!
  6. Which youtuber would you most like to meet? - It's got to be Louise! She's the nicest person ever, and I feel like you'd be able to have a genuine chat with her! I'd also love to meet Zoe, Alfie, Jim, Tanya...basically I'd love to meet them all, but that's never going to happen haha!
  7. Do you have any hopes or plans for the future? - Yes! Career-wise I'd love to run my own business in house renovation or something like that! I also want to travel the world, visiting places like Rio de Janeiro, New York, Sydney, Miami etc. And in the far future, I'd love to have my own family! I've always wanted to have children since I was young, but obviously when I'm older though! 
  8. Do you have any interesting/hidden talents? - If I'm honest I'm a bit boring in that sense! I don't have any hidden talents! But, yes, I wish I could sing! I'm not asking for the best voice in the world, just one that sounds human and one that people can actually bare to listen to...haha!!
  9. Do you give up easily if things don't go your way? Or are you the sort of person that would persevere? - I'm kinda a bit of both, it depends what the thing is! I don't give up first time, but I'm not the sort of person who would spend years trying to perfect something!
  10. Out of all of the items in your makeup bag, which one would you be unable to live without? - Well I don't actually wear a whole lot of makeup. This holiday I think I've worn makeup like twice, three times? But I would say that I couldn't live without concealer or possibly powder. Even if I won't use it, I like to take some concealer with me in because it reassures me that if I need it, I've got it!

I've just realised that Charlotte also nominated me so thank you so much!! I'm just adding her questions now!!
  1. PLL or Gossip Girl? - I don't watch either, but I want to watch PLL so I'll say that!
  2. Kendall or Kylie? - I actually don't know much about the Kardashians/Jenners but I know more about Kylie, so Kylie!
  3. What are your opinions on contour? - Sorry to be boring again, but I don't wear much makeup so I can't be bothered to contour, but I think it looks lovely when other people do it! I would make a mess of it myself though!!
  4. Twitter or Instagram? - Twitter
  5. Dream Job? - I'd love to own my own business in house renovating!
  6. What's on your makeup wish list right now? - New concealer! I'm running out! Also, I want to find a new lipstick that would go with anything, because I'm lacking in a gorgeous lipstick at the moment!
  7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? - New York. I love New York. It's my favourite city even though I've never been!! I love the fact that its so industrial yet so beautiful at the same time - not many cities are like that!
  8. Favourite Lipstick? - I'm pretty neutral about the ones I own at the moment, because they're nothing special, so I'm on the hunt for one that I can call my favourite!
  9. If you were stuck on a desert island what three beauty products would you take with you?  - My Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (I love it!!), a moisturiser, and sun cream. I mean if this is a hot desert island, I don't wanna get burnt ahah!!
  10. What are your thoughts on strobing? - Again, I don't wear much makeup so I don't really have an opinion haha!!

Now here are the bloggers that I'm nominating:
And now for their questions:

  1. Favourite song(s)?
  2. Are you a reader? Any book recommendations?
  3. What is or was you favourite school subject?
  4. What are 3 places you really want to visit?
  5. What would be your dream job?
  6. What's your must-have beauty related product and why?
  7. If you could have a day out with any celebrity, who would it be and why?
  8. Favourite Harry Potter character?(haha!)
  9. Who's your favourite band, or artist?
  10. Finally, shoes or clothes?

Go and check out their blogs! They're so good! Thank you for reading everybody,
Love as always,
Georgia xxx



Follow my bloglovin accout here!


No comments:

Post a Comment