Friday 12 August 2016

My Happiness Project | July Favourites


Before I went on holiday to Italy, I was almost ready to publish my June favourites, even if it was already late by that point. Now that we've already settled nicely into August, I don't think it would be either appropriate or acceptable for me to post it now as it would be ridiculously late, so June will have to be skipped (even though I promise I was actually on the verge of being organised with it all). So because of this, I'm going to head on straight to my faves of the great month of July. Because of how much I enjoyed July, I've had a new idea for a little twist on the ol' favourite posts. (Well, maybe not a new idea - I'm sure someone's done this before - but a new idea for me).

I don't think I've mentioned this but I've been feeling a little down recently and I've been really struggling for motivation (I did have a post fully completed explaining this all, but I decided not to publish it in the end :( - I wasn't brave enough) and so I wanted to help this by mentioning my favourite little happenings that made me happy each month as an addition to monthly favourites posts. I want to be able to look back on each month and remember the little things; whether they be small achievements or just things made me happy, and so I thought, 'what better place to do this than on my blog?'.


So without further ado, here are my favourite moments from July!

I managed to read 5 whole books this month! They were: 'Russian Roulette' by Anthony Horowitz, 'Everything everything' by Nicola Yoon, 'Reasons to stay alive' by Matt Haig, 'All the bright places' by Jennifer Niven, and 'We were liars' by E Lockhart. They were all fantastic. My favourite was 'All the bright places' as it was such a beautiful story, and tackled the difficult task of discussing suicide in such a respectful and delicate manner. If you haven't read it, (which I'm sure a lot of you will have, especially considering that Zoe included it in her book club with WHSmith) then I would wholeheartedly recommend that you do!

I had to have a blood test, and went on my own, as my mum had to be at work. It may sound pathetic, but I'm really pleased that I managed to do it on my own.

On the last day of term, I went with my friends to my local park and we had a really great evening chatting and playing games (not a typical teenager thing to do, I know, but we had a lovely time none the less and it made me very happy).

It was my birthday very early in July, and I had a thoroughly lovely day.

It was also my mum's birthday this month, and she turned 50. Because it was a big birthday, I saved up some money beforehand and managed to book a spa trip for the two of us in a couple of weeks. It's going to be very exciting!

I completed my first year of sixth form! How?!! It's come around so quickly, but I've enjoyed so much about it all.

I bought tickets to my first ever concert! I'm going to see Selena Gomez in a few months with three of my friends! I cannot wait, as I absolutely loveeee the album Revival and think all of the songs are incredible, plus Selena's voice is amazing. It is going to be fantastic!

And, of course, I was lucky enough to have my family holiday in Italy, with three days in Rome. I'll never forget how beautiful Rome was; the Colosseum, the Vatican City...ahhh it was bliss.



So those were some of the little moments that made me smile during July. I've called this post, My Happiness Project as I want this to be something that I do regularly to keep me happy. I think it's so important to be happy, especially that as teenagers, we're put under a lot of stress and we tend to focus on the negatives and it sometimes makes it hard to remember good things.


I hope this post made you smile :)
What were some of your favourite moments from July?







Have you followed me on bloglovin?
Follow





No comments:

Post a Comment