Friday 24 February 2017

5 Books on my To Be Read Pile | February 2017



My blog has become a lot more book-themed recently, completely by accident! But I have been reading a lot recently, and I do enjoy it so I guess it makes sense to transfer that into writing on my blog! I love reading posts about what other people want to read, or have read and I love writing about my own too, so that's what I'm going to do for this post. So here is a list of just 5 of the books that are quite high up on my TBR list:



Eleanor and Park, by Rainbow Rowell
My friend lent me her copy of this book as I’ve wanted to read it for so long – and she's been wanting me to read it for ages too! (We do love a good book discussion haha). Now that I finally have a copy in my possession (for a while, at least) I’m much more likely to get around to reading it! I adored Fangirl when I read that, and loved the way that Rainbow writes, so I’m sure I’ll enjoy this book too!



If I Stay and Where She Went, by Gayle Foreman
Again, these are two books that my friend lent me. I wasn’t too bothered about reading them, but then I read I Was Here by the same author which after thoroughly enjoying, made me so excited to read these two books!



The Good Immigrant, edited by Nikesh Shukla
I’d heard about this book a while ago, but didn’t really know much about it. I became aware of it again more recently after hearing about Nikesh's second project which will focus on politics written by Britain’s youth. The Good Immigrant, as I understand it, is a collection of essays contributed to by 21 writers exploring “what it means to be black, Asian & minority ethnic in Britain today”. It’ll be very different to anything I’ve ever read before but I know it’ll be such an insightful important book, especially with the political and cultural issues going on around the world today. I’m very much looking forward to reading it.



Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them – The Original Screenplay, by J.K. Rowling
If you don’t know, I love Harry Potter and anything to do with J.K. Rowling’s wonderful wizarding world. On the opening night of the Fantastic Beasts film, I was at the cinema, wearing my Hufflepuff scarf with pride. I found the film so beautiful and Newt was as fantastic as the Beasts were. I want to read the screenplay to re-cap over the story and immerse myself in 1920s magical New York because let’s face it; why wouldn’t you want to? :)



A Quiet Kind of Thunder, by Sara Barnard
I follow a lot of book-blogs and book-YouTube channels and so I’ve heard so many good things about this book already! It hasn’t even been out for that long! I do have my own copy of this book, and just as a quick side note: the cover is stunning. It sounds fantastic from the blurb and what I’ve heard from other people, and I’m pretty sure that this is the book I’m going to read next after I finish my current one! 



So those are just 5 (or 6 I guess, but I counted the two Gayle Foreman books as one, since they’re the same series) of the books I can’t wait to read!

What are some books you can’t wait to read?

x








Follow







No comments:

Post a Comment