Friday 10 March 2017

YouTubers You Should Definitely Watch


I watch a lot of YouTube, I'm not gonna lie. I'm subscribed to over 70 channels, all of which I enjoy, but I definitely have some channels that I watch a lot more than others. I do also have favourites, which I think you should watch if you don't already. I've got a list of 5 below, some of which you may have heard of but if you haven't I would definitely recommend you to check them out.
Also, I'd like to mention that this post is also a collaboratiorn with my wonderful friend from sixth form! She's written about her own favourite channels, and let's be real, hers will be written to a much higher standard than mine and will be so much nicer to read so definitely go over and read it! You can find it here


HANNAH WITTON
(YouTube Channel: here)
Source
Hannah has created her own niche by talking so openly about sex education and all that comes along with it. Her videos are so funny and because she is so real and honest about everything she talks about, the videos are also really educational! She has a series called The Hormone Diaries on her channel in which she discusses her personal experiences of things such as coming off the pill, birth control, having periods etc. which  although I often can't relate personally to her experiences I still thoroughly enjoy watching them. It's so refreshing - in a world where we just don't talk about these things - to head on over to Hannah's channel and hear everything as it is. Her personality is definitely a reason why I keep on going back because it would be so easy to make videos about these taboo subjects boring, but Hannah does the complete opposite which I absolutely love. 


DODDLEODDLE
(Main YouTube Channel: here)
(Second Channel: here)
Source
Dodie is such a refreshing personality in the world. She is so lovely and adorable and she comes across as so genuine in all her videos. She is ridiculously talented and has such a beautiful voice so she writes a lot of her own original music as well as doing covers of other songs. I absolutely love all her videos, but my particular favourite are her vlogs in which she talks about such a variety of different topics. I love the way she edits her videos; they are lots of little short 'cuts' that flow together so effortlessly (I've probably not used the right words there and I've articulated it so badly - english student I.am.not I'm afraid). Anyway, the whole tone of all of her videos is just so lovely and if you don't already watch Dodie, then you really need to.


LUCY MOON
(YouTube Channel: here)
Source
Lucy is another very honest real and genuine person. I would describe her channel as a 'lifestyle' one so basically she makes videos about a whole range of things. She has a gentle honesty about her that I find really inspiring; take her recent video with the Mandeville Sisters, for example: they were giving advice to tumblr users and a common theme was that people were worried about not having had certain life experiences by certain ages whilst all their friends had already done so. Whilst they were giving advice, two words flashed up on the screen: "Everyone's different." I instantly felt reassured. You know when society can often make you feel inferior for being a certain way or doing certain things? And then people say something like 'everybody's beautiful in their own way' but you kinda get that feeling that they're saying it because they have to? Well Lucy reassures me that she really believes in the whole thing, which is lovely :)  


FABULOUS HANNAH
(Main YouTube Channel: here)
(Vlogging Channel: here)
Source
Another Hannah, but a completely different style of channel. Hannah is a beauty/fashion/lifestyle vlogger and she is such a funny person to watch. A common theme is being confident in yourself and I do think that by watching her grow I have grown in confidence myself. A few months ago, she did all her videos throughout that month wearing no makeup. Surrounded by airbrushing and photoshopping pretty much everywhere we look, Hannah's decision was an inspiring one. Although I don't wear makeup and so didn't feel directly affected by her decision, I know that it would have a significant impact on other people and how confident they are in their own skin - which is a wonderful thing. Also, she's only a year older than me, so I do find that I'm able to relate to most things she says because she's at the same stage of life as me. I just enjoy her videos so much and look forward to whatever she uploads; Mondays and Thursdays at 5pm! (definitely check out her channels!)


THEMILELONGBOOKSHELF
(YouTube Channel: here)
(Blog: here)
Source
If you're a reader, Amber's Blog and YouTube channel are a must because they focus on all things books!: including book reviews, book hauls, interviews with authors and everything else book related. I really enjoy reading her blog as well as watching her videos as there is such a lovely quality about everything she creates. I love finding out what other people think of books that I'm either hoping to read or have read, and Amber writes her thoughts so eloquently that I'm forever wishing I could write like that! I particularly love her YouTube videos, as she gives off such a friendly vibe, also I find that I can relate to her because she's basically the same age as me. She also is a co-creator (if that's the right word?) of the #TeenBloggersChat on Twitter which is a great place for young bloggers to meet other bloggers and chat about important topics. The Twitter account can be found here



So, there you have it; my favourite YouTubers and those which I think you definitely need to check out! Do you already watch any of these lovely people? Who are your favourite YouTubers?

Don't forget to check out my lovely friend's blog post on her fave YouTubers! We do have some in common, but trust me when I say that her post will be satisfyingly well written, so do pop on over and have a read! (https://theseemptypages.wordpress.com/)

Have a lovely day,

Georgia x 







Follow







No comments:

Post a Comment